Monday, August 12, 2013

Gray area

Day one of a multi-week employment hiatus between summer jobs and fall.  This is both the pro and con of being associated with the field of education/kids.  My biggest problem right now is finding balance.  I haven't had a day off or an actual vacation in.... I don't even know.  When I took a day off during the year it was most likely to do something else for another job!  I'm currently trying to balance being responsible/getting my house in order, four brand new pieces of choreography, producing a festival, trying to take a moment to relax, searching for a new stimulating day job, catching up on work for the multiple orgs I am committed to, and so much more.

This sounds complain-y, but it's not, exactly.  I love most of the things I am currently doing, I just don't exactly love that I have zero free time.  There are a lot of gray areas, since sometimes I consider working on choreography or a new project using free time, buttttt it's also work to an extent.

So.  Before I really start rambling, the goal is to get boring work done, get the exciting work done, and carve out a tiny chunk of time just for me over the next couple of weeks.  Additional sleep would probably be good, but we are heading into 24-Hr ChoreoFest so...

No comments:

Post a Comment