Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Obligatory adhd/adrenaline junkie/caffeine addict post.

If I could choose to live in any situation, without limits, I think I'd put myself in a perpetual loop of musical theatre tech weeks/lead up to tech weeks.  There is a certain and special kind of buzz that I've only found in theatre that is just full of euphoria and substance and adrenaline... everything good.  Everything you work on it important and vital to the sand running out of the hour glass preceding opening night, be it last minute notes and edits, or going to get a coffee.  Life is urgent, exhilirating; anything is justifiable.

It might also be nice to live in tv/movie land.  (Been watching too much Smash, perhaps... then again what girl wouldn't want to be cast as marilyn monroe in the rush of frenzied musical theatre-land?!  Wait, I take that back. I'd rather be a hybrid of Debra Messing and the choreographer...)  Unlimited settings and scenarios... no boring bits like driving to work, you can just cut to the next scene and be there already.  You get yourself into a pickle and everything is intense and dramatic, but it always works out, consequence free.  There is always something new and exciting, there is little routine.  Even on a very formulaic show there are new faces, new problems...

I always get this familiar Spring itch.

Who wants to go adventuring..

No comments:

Post a Comment