Thursday, August 9, 2012

late night rambling pt 3

One of these days I'll find someone who can get away with bossing me around.  I'll most likely be amused, only if this person can get away with it without being thwarted by my sneaky tactics.

I'm not sure if I am quiet (!) enough to fly off the radar, or am just low key, but no one tells me what to do. This is mostly good, because I'm very subtly anti-authority.  Maybe you've noticed.  I hate the unnecessary (often workplace) over-delegation of simple tasks, and if someone gives me a nice/slow/easy to-do list, I'm most likely thinking inside that they're a total moron and now I have to find a way to do it out of order to prove a point.  I think I get this from my grampa, he would always semi listen with a laugh in his eyes, and innocently take your request and do it in his own silly way.  Maybe it would be more efficient, maybe it would be downright ridiculous, but he would always do it his way.

Anyways, one day, maybe YOU, friend, will get all bossy in ordering me around, and I will probably snicker (out of appreciation)... but then do as you request, if you're persuasive or sassy enough.

---

Also (because where else am I going to lump this in) I hate when people don't trust me, and I hate people that simply cannot be trusted on the basics.  I might come across as a blonde zoned-out ridiculous human being, but I am very smart and very capable, and if it's important I will absolutely get it done under whatever means necessary.  If it's not important or if it's boring and non-vital that's another story...  Everything I care about will always come together, there's no alternative.  Last weekend = case in point... even pissed off and rather furious, I will damn well get done what needs to get done.

There are three levels (probably many more) of trust in my eyes...  there's a contingent of people I just deal with, no trust for follow through, no trust for opinion/ideas, and that's fine as long as they are classified as such.  Next level up are those either I work/interact with in some capacity, I trust that they will do things they say they will (basic accountability)... or lastly, you are someone in my life where I trust not only that you will follow through, but I trust your thoughts/opinions/words.  Not many people are in the upper level of trust in my life, but when someone I trust to do basic tasks falls out of their category... it's upsetting.

I ramble at night.  Oh well!  Trust has just been on my mind, recently, since I don't grow it easily, yet provide it to all of my colleagues and friends.

2 comments:

  1. I hope that I never fall out of my category, whichever one it is!

    I think you have a pretty good handle on yourself. I've definitely learned to have epic amounts of faith in you and not to worry how the process looks. You'll get it done and it will be great, even if it's a mystery to me what happened between start and finish.

    ReplyDelete