Thursday, January 5, 2012

late night rambling pt 1

What do you consider your life's biggest mistake?  Is it reversible and/or does it really need to be reversed? On what scale can we rate negative things that we've caused to ourselves, since it is a bit tricky to escape bias for our self-impression...

Is there anyone out there who hasn't ever made a mistake, a bad judgement call, something they wish they could take back?  What a boring life you must lead, whoever you are!

I think those invisible scars, the things we think back upon and regret (with a hint of nostalgia?) are the best hints at who we really are, how well you know whoever is inside your body.  Perhaps I say this as someone who has never murdered someone or an equivalent ultimate action, but I take comfort in my messups and wear them around my shoulders like a nice (faux) fur coat.  Recognizing them makes me own me/know me, even if I happen to commit those same mistakes again.


[This isn't meant to be such a dreadful/depressing little blip on your blog radar, just celebrating imperfection... a wonderful thing!]

1 comment:

  1. Never heard teachable moments compared to a fur coat...recognizing and owning is the key, so maybe that is true for fur coats too as they can get stolen? Stolen then equals gone thus lost opportunity to own....hmm

    ReplyDelete