Wednesday, April 25, 2012

GAME FACE/Gertrude Stein 2

I love being an artist and love surrounding myself with artists of all sorts of mediums, but why is there so little discussion?  I find myself discussing medicine, education, politics, business with many different friends, but where is the topic that I am passionate about?  If I am Gertrude Stein, where are Hemingway/Fitzgerald/Eliot/Anderson etc?  What happened to the salon?  Can't we all get together and drink champagne and smoke cigars and harrumph a lot and listen to music and grow/stroke mustaches?  That is precisely what my life is missing.

Then again maybe that disappearing act is what happens when coined the Lost Generation...

This stems from having to go to a work workshop tonight that was allllllll about executive function disorders including hits such as ADHD, Autism, the works.  It made me miss being intellectually stimulated.  All of the material was first day of developmental psych 101... or your mother is a therapist 101.  Brain... melting...

No comments:

Post a Comment