Friday, April 6, 2012

silly things

Someone I knew in high school consistently posts their horoscope on Facebook, and I usually laugh/roll my eyes at the frequency of the postings in a borderline pretentious-bitchy kind of way.  I could unfriend this person or block their posts, but I am too lazy.  Anyways, today, after probably years of watching these silly things roll by I finally clicked, found my zodiac sign, and got this horoscope...

While I like the picture of the lady and the crab (I think it's the colors), it really reinforces that these horoscope people are smart!!  Anyone could take any of these horoscopes and make it apply to their own life.  This leads me wonder if there is any merit to horoscopes/psychics/zodiac signs, or it is just purely constructed by humans to give themselves something to marvel at.  When I went to a psychic at the Tremont Tearoom last year they said things that were creepily accurate, but even though I was trying to have a strict poker face and not help them guess the answers, how much of that is really parlor tricks? I want the answers!

---

I don't know if this is part of being an adult, or being obscenely busy, but I REALLY miss being flexible enough to incorporate spontaneous/random hangouts with friends.  In high school and college it was so easy to be like 'oh hey, so-and-so, where are you and wanna go do x/y/z?'... I had some of the best adventures this way, and now it's hard to even coordinate things a week or two in advance!  

Peter Pan had the right idea.

---

no explanation needed...

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/13-simple-steps-to-get-you-through-a-rough-day

1 comment:

  1. Hi. You know, I am also not very serious about horoscopes. In general, in our time, horoscope is primarily entertainment, few people take it seriously. I want to share a good site horo.io . I look there when I want to read my horoscope, as well as interesting articles related to astrology.

    ReplyDelete