Sunday, December 30, 2012

A sort of bitchy no-good-very-blah blog entry.

Blah blah blah blah blah.

7 days of sickness and no time to go to the doctor.

There was time, but I procrastinated.  (story of my....)

It's hard to be here (and satisfied) in the grey and cold, when just last week I was on the beach with one of my oldest friends in 85 degree sun.  Fizzy waves and green beach water rushed over our toes as we took a long walk, caught up on life and lost our moms like we were in elementary school.  We hunted for man o'war (none spotted), hated on seagulls, and fell right back in step. Beach days turned into a rehearsal dinner at the golf club, a wedding at a marble-interiored Catholic mega church, and a gorgeous cocktail hour and reception at a different golf resort.  I wore heels for 2.5 days straight, believe it or not, and tried not to wear too much black but probably failed.  It was unbelievably wonderful to reconnect with the other family I grew up with, though I felt a tiny bit like an alien in South Florida, but glad to witness someone wonderful marrying someone else wonderful.  It's also slightly nice to be back to my routine in dark colored clothing with tall leather boots and my huge bag.

Now I'm surrounded by stacks of clean clothes, Christmas stuff asking to be put away (because if not now, then when), snow needing shoveled, dishes needing sold, and a house needing renovation.  Again, it's not quite right.  While I was gone Russell used my office, filled up my trash basket, left my silk kimono on the floor, and rearranged a bit.  I'm a very open person and I love sharing space, but sometimes it's the tiny little things that push my buttons.  I'm trying to be nice and not too sassy, jury is out on whether I am succeeding.  The major problem here is very soon there will be things I consider WAY more satisfying (artistically, mainly) that I can just jump on... likely giving up my dull house work, though if I don't get it done I won't function well because I can't work in mess that isn't my sole creation!

I guess if I had a roller coaster in my backyard it would outgrow its rush, eventually.  I understand 'becoming an adult' in theory, just struggle with it in application.

Currently watching something on the History Channel about the invention of the bra and smirking my face off.  Also awkwardly listening to my neighbor shovel a tiny bit of snow off my sidewalk for the third time this evening.  It's not that bad out, and we were going to wait to shovel until it amounted to more, but he keeps making ninja-shovel-passes, so I can't even really go thank him without searching around and looking like a creeper.

The best news?  I might not have to work until Wednesday.  Technically scheduled for Monday, but there's a nice big chance I won't have to go in.  Sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment