Wednesday, December 19, 2012

bye bye, boston

There is no appropriate reason for my suitcase for 5 days in Florida weighing 45 pounds, but... so be it.

It's been a weird two day week, and even weirder month, and I am hoping some warm sunny weather will clear my head.  I thought the last two weeks would be fantastic to refocus, get stupid odds and ends done, do some busy work... of course that didn't happen.  I could blame it on the holidays, current events, adhd, general tiredness, overactive brain, but I won't.  Or maybe I will, but I just can't pick which makes the best scapegoat.

While I know Twyla won't be sleeping much until I get home (seriously, she waits up for me- it's sort of sad and I sort of love it), I am excited to reconnect with my non-related family, the Fays!  It's funny to grow up alongside three girls, have them move away, keep up through serious-business twice a year family vacations, fall out of constant touch and then reunite and fall right back in sync.

The unknown is what happens the day after Christmas.  How do I resume completely normal life, while fitting in the stupid stuff I should've/would've/could've done already?  Jeeeeeeeeeeeeez.




No comments:

Post a Comment