Monday, September 17, 2012

Dear brain:

Glad you're inspired, but I need to wake up at 6 am. I'm going to request that you stop spitting out funny images and phrase ideas for new pieces. That's why we are laying here, in the dark, sometimes with our eyes closed (present moment excluded). It's really frustrating to take choreographic notes on an iPhone, since the bedside notebook has been temporarily relocated, and I'll be really frustrated tomorrow when I can't remember exactly what it was that you spat out and I loved so much. Also, brain, your sense of choreographic reality can sometimes be pretty warped when we are in horizontal mode, so this could all be a waste of time. I appreciate all you do in your efforts to maximize our creative flow, but really, its ok to give me a night off.

Thanks for considering,

Kim

2 comments: