Friday, September 14, 2012

I wrote this when I was 25, I swear...

I've been thinking about animals a lot this week.  Partly because when you co-habitate with someone, you apparently have to compromise on pet intake.  Suckage.

At one point in my childhood we had 2 dogs, 2 rabbits (that had lots of babies), 2 hamsters (that also had lots of babies), 2 guinea pigs (that had just a couple of babies), hermit crabs, anoles, a parakeet (dumb pet), 2 turtles, and a 50 gallon aquarium.  It was awesome.  At one point I also had a squirrel, it died pretty soon after I rescued it from a cat, and we had a couple of very sociable rats later on.  We also babysat my gramma's 160 pound Newfoundland.  

I don't mean for this to sound at all negative towards Twyla.  Seriously, I have the best dog in the world (in my eyes anyways).  Who would have guessed 15lbs of sassy longhaired Dachshund could be so fabulous? This is, however, a minor complaint at adulthood.  Two problems, one being I can't beg and plead with the adult of the house to get a new pet and win because I am the adult of the house, and my vote is canceled out by the other adult of the house.  This vote is also canceled by aforementioned dog that likes to be the spoiled only child.  The other problem is being an adult means any non-portable pet needs serious consideration when embarking on a trip or working long hours which I do at my various jobs. 

In any case, here is a fantasy list of pets I want:

-Octopus - No justification needed. Have you seen Octopussy (the Bond movie, pervs)? http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/2251544.stm

-Gordon Setter - A big version of Twyla!!  Matching dogs!

-House rabbit - Used to have a bunny named Domino until we got Twy.  It was litter box trained, had free access to hop about the house, amazing.  

-Iguana - A green sassy scale-y pal.  Have a tendency to whip their tails, and you can walk one on a leash.







2 comments:

  1. I want to see you walk an Iguana on a leash...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll bet you do. Question is, if I needed a pet sitter would you volunteer to care for my iguana???

      Delete