Thursday, September 13, 2012

iliopsoas

I'm in the funny place of my hip feeling semi-ok, it has been on the up and up for awhile!  Good PT, various helpful forms of needles, taking care of myself has done wonders.

Strangely I find myself still cautious of movement, only because it has been the way I've lived for the last like 6 years!  My body is babying my hip by default, and I need to figure out how to responsibly let myself test the waters.

Even more strange is feeling normal, temporary hip pain.  I got great new sneaks and since I am feeling ok I'm slowly slowly starting to run again.  Most of the night running adventure felt the same as it always has.... nice brain freedom and focus on breathing lets me find a rare moment of zone-out.  Since it was also super cold out recently and my warm up wasn't as good as it could have been, my hip flexors were both uniformly a bit sore the next day.  For two seconds I freaked out (hip pain! my nemesis!), before realizing it was obviously temporary and somewhat normal.

So mindset shift.  Whatever.

Here's hoping Battle: Osteoarthritis/Snapping Hip/no cartilage + labral tear is at least held at bay for a good long time to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment