Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Fall.

I'm in denial, I think, about fall.

I've been badmouthing it right and left, where honestly I don't harbor that many bad feeling towards fall, I'm just not ready to have summer fade out.  Weirdly, summer felt long.  I was outside months ago, reading in the sun, beautifying the back yard (poor front yard, still neglected), playing with the dog, enjoying hot sun on my face.  I think my gipped feeling comes from having a busy show schedule at the end of summer.  I got literally two beach days, one where I didn't get to swim or surf or really do much water interaction, and the other was nice but cloudy.  Now it's cold, it's time to switch up the clothing options, cover up the skin, get pale.  I'm not usually this superficial, feeling shafted brings out the worst.

Another cause of this fall animosity is having spent four years in Western MA.  Boston fall is lovely and crisp and smells delightful, but Five College area/Amherst/So Hadley fall blows it so far out of the water.  I mean, combine the private liberal arts college town vibe (times 4) with New England fall.  Damn.  It's hard to tell where cardigans end and cider doughnuts begin.

Anyways, this revelation has made me determined to cram getting my fall fix into performing at the Mass Dance Festival in 2 weekends.  It will be a bit too early for apple picking and fall-air breathing, maybe, but I am determined to soak myself in fall and change this attitude up!


2 comments:

  1. Man, I feel just the same way. I love fall, but I'm not ready for summer to be over. A few more weeks? A few more beach days?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a gorgeous 2 weeks of 85 degree sun would be glorious. After that I don't care, fall can just blast in and take control.

    ReplyDelete